Desiccant technology is effective in creating a year round humidity controlled environment to avoid corrosion during surface preparation. Corrosion rates accelerate exponentially over 50%RH and most coating compliance is 80%RH on the metal surface. The effect of thermal inertia usually required the surrounding air to be 20-30%RH (4°C -6°C temperature difference from surface to air) less than the required surface humidity to allow for this. Other methods of heating requires full surface heating which causes very high energy costs. Refrigeration is only effective in climates which is humid all year round and are still unable to achieve the dryness required due to the surface humidity requirement.
Benefits with dehumidification :
- Avoid corrosion
- Comply with coating specification
- No delays due to weather,
- Ability to schedule works year round Benefits for Marine
- Able to conduct works in or out of water
- Able to store engine and electronics in place
- Able to effectively mothball of temporary layup
- Also useful in composite and coat compliance
Benefits for Surface preparation and coating internals of vessels and storage tanks
- Year round humidity control
- Hold the blast
- Create coating across entire surface at one time.
- Fast job duration with better chance of a quality lining outcome
Korea : SG rotors used in various shipyards
China: SG rotors used in various shipyards
Netherlands: Seaway supply, Doornbos Equipent
Australia: Geogon project NW shelf gas tanks
Norway: Westwood Shipping lines Billabong Shipping AS, GearBulk , Hoegh fleet shipping AS, Grieg Shipping A/S, Green Shipping.
SURFACE TREATMENT and COATING S
CASE – Gorgon Gas Project
The Gorgon Gas Project is a natural gas project off the North West shelf of Western Australia, involving the development of sub-sea gas gathering infrastructure and liquefied natural gas in the Greater Gorgon gas fields. The project also includes a domestic gas component. It is currently under construction and once completed, will become Australia’s fourth Liquefied Natural Gas export development.